FUND MANAGERS, TRUSTEES, CUSTODIANS, NSE, CSCS & FMAN
The Commission in its desire to develop the Collective Investment Schemes sector of the Capital market and further deepen the Nigerian Capital Market as a whole is planning an interactive session with Fund Managers, Trustees and Custodians of Unit Trust Schemes. To this end a meeting has been scheduled as follows:
Date: Thursday 19th July, 2012
Time: 10:30 AM
Venue: Securities & Exchange Commission’s Lagos Zonal Office, Lagos.
ISSUES TO BE DISCUSSED
1. Adoption of IFRS for Collective Investment Schemes: issues and challenges;
2. Incentives to motivate growth of the Fund;
3. Distribution/sales point with respect to Funds;
4. Introduction of professional qualification for Fund Managers;
5. Reduction in Fund Expenses-
i. Management fees
ii. Custodian fees.
6. Report on migration to Custodians;
7. Possibility of classifying Funds i.e. Fully regulated CIS, - Professional CIS, - Specialized CIS;
8. Pro posed introduction of half yearly report;
9. Benchmarking funds performance;
10. Certification & continuous professional development.
PLEASE BE PUNCTUAL AS THE ACTING DIRECTOR GENERAL WOULD BE ATTENDING THE MEETING
For any enquiry please contact Mrs. C. E. Nwude using the details below;
Mobile phone – 08036349540
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
The asset class breakouts bring together Pensions, Sovereign Funds, insurers and investment managers to explore case studies and real world examples of investing in specific asset classes in Nigeria. It is also an opportunity to hear about new trends and opportunities within a mix of asset classes.